Castle Mamba Micro-X Crawler Edition ESC with 1406-2280KV Sensored Motor Combo
Putting the X in Extreme! The Mamba Micro X Crawler edition is our latest offering for the crawling crowd. We have taken our new 1406 low kv crawler motors and paired it with the lightweight, small footprint Mamba Micro X ESC. This combo is ideal for low speed crawling or trail running in vehicles weighing up to 3.6kg on 2s or 3s; it can also be used in slightly more aggressive setups like rock racing and extended hill climbing on vehicles up to 1.8kg. If you're looking for a more aggressive setup in a heavier rig, like rock racing and extended hill climbing, we recommend you run the Mamba X ESC with the same motor. Your ESC will come with our new V2.02 firmware that has been enhanced for rock crawling and sensored operation. Use of an external BEC is recommended if running a high power or digital servo.
- Waterproof : Yes
- Telemetry Capable : Yes
- Data Logging : No
- Auxiliary Wire : Yes
- Minimum Input Voltage : 2S
- Maximum Input Voltage : 3S
- Sensored Capable : Yes
This SPECIAL EDITION of the Mamba Micro X includes solder posts with 16 AWG wire for the motor connection; it also includes the matching 4mm female bullets to pair with the included 1406-2280kv sensored brushless motor.
The Auxiliary Advantage
Mamba Micro X features the addition of a new, programmable Auxiliary Wire that allows you to make “on-the-go” adjustments to several settings such as torque control, and max throttle, and fine-tune the performance of your ESC right from the transmitter using an auxiliary channel on the receiver. The AUX wire function is disabled by default but is programmable via Castle Link. Once you have programmed the functionality of the AUX wire, that setting can then be adjusted on-the-go from a compatible transmitter. Try out the brand new Crawler Mode for incredible versatility!
The Mamba Micro X is telemetry ready, which means owners of Futaba T4PX or 7PX Transmitters will be able to purchase the Castle Telemetry Link for S.BUS2. Real-time data such as ESC temperature, voltages, and RPM can be monitored to ensure performance advantages and spare you the “unknown” parameters that all R/C enthusiasts experience at some point. Telemetry data provides another level of protection and can increase performance.
- Crawler Edition Mamba Micro X w/solder posts
- 1406-2280kv sensored brushless motor
- 210mm length sensor wire (for sensored operation)
- Castle Sensor Harness adapter
- Driver's Ed and Quick Start Guides
- Castle decal sheet
ESC Technical Specs:
- Input Voltage Range: MIN: 2S LiPo / MAX: 3S LiPo (12.6V)
- BEC Specifications: Adjustable: 5.5V or 7.5V (2A Peak), default 5.5V. Use of external BEC is recommended if using a high torque/speed digital servo; the CC BEC or CC BEC 2.0 Waterproof are recommended
- Operating Environment: Waterproof* design allows for use in nearly any environment
- Brake: Proportional
- Reversible: Yes, but can be disabled for racing
- On/Off Switch: Yes, waterproof*
- Cooling Fan: No
- Length: 41mm
- Width: 19mm
- Weight (without wires): 34g
- Connectors: 4mm male Castle Bullet Connectors attached to replaceable 16 gauge wire; includes Castle sensor harness.
- Items Needed for Operation: Battery Connector required, Castle 4mm polarized Connectors, T- Plugs, or Traxxas Power Connect are recommended.
Product Use Statements:
- Applying voltages higher than 12.6 volts will cause irreparable damage to your controller, voiding your warranty.
- Recommended battery capacity is at least 1500mAh and 25C. Castle recommends running the highest mAh that will fit in your vehicle and the highest C rating you can afford.
- The Crawler Edition Mamba Micro X has solder posts for the motor connections; includes 13 gauge wire with 4mm female bullets that connect directly to the included 1406-1900kv motors and the battery input wires are bare. You must solder the connector to the wires on the ESC. See Items Needed for Operation for recommendations.
- Application Guidelines: Low speed crawling or trail running in vehicles weighing up to 3.6kg. If you're looking for a more aggressive setup, like rock racing and extended hill climbing it is recommend to run the Mamba X ESC with the same motor.
- Recommended Motors: Combo includes 1406-1900kv sensored brushless motor.
- Max. Recommended Vehicle Weight: 3.6kg when used for low speed/moderate driving style; 1.8kg for more aggressive driving styles.
- Programmability: Fully programmable Castle feature set using Castle Link USB adapter and freely downloadable Castle Link Windows software.
- Telemetry Link Capable: Yes
- Tech Notes: *Not intended for operation while submerged in liquid. If unit is operated in wet conditions, rinse with fresh water to remove dirt or corrosives, then fully dry unit.
- Input Voltage Range: 2S-3S LiPo
- Kv: 2280
- Max. RPM: 100,000
- Length: 49.5mm
- Diameter: 36mm
- Weight (w/wires): 197g
- Shaft Length: 15mm
- Shaft Diameter: 1/8" (3.17mm)
- Optional 5mm rotor replacement available
- Mounting Hole Specifications: M3 @ 25mm
- Cooling Fan: Optional - Coming Soon
- Connectors: 4mm male Castle Bullet Connectors attached to replaceable 13 gauge wire; includes 210mm length sensored wire.
- Application Guidelines: Ideal for 1/10 scale low speed rock crawlers/trail runners on 2S-3S weighing less than 3.6kg. It can also be used in more aggressive setups in lighter 1/10 scale touring cars, stadium trucks or buggies weighing up to 2.2kg
- Max. Recommended Vehicle Weight: 3.6kg when used for low speed/moderate driving style like rock crawling and trail running; 1.8kg for more racing and aggressive driving styles.
- Running modes: SMARTSENSE™, Sensored, Sensorless with Castle sensored capable ESCs.
- Water Resistant Design: The sensor board is coated with silicone conformal coating to protect the sensors from moisture. The sensor connections are not water resistant; water can cause signal loss which could result in loss of sensored capabilities. Castle recommended applying dielectric grease to the outside of the sensor wire connections after installation of the wire. Routine maintenance is recommended after running in wet conditions. Please refer to this document for running and maintaining motors in wet environments.