MAMBA X, 25.2V WP ESC AND 1406-2850KV SENSORED CRAWLER COMBO
The Mamba X Crawler edition is our latest offering for the crawling crowd. We have taken our new 1406 low kv crawler motors and paired it with the high power, ultra reliable Mamba X ESC. This combo is ideal for low speed crawling or trail running in vehicles weighing up to 4kg on 3s or 4s; it can also be used in more aggressive setups like rock racing and extended hill climbing on vehicles up to 2.2kg. Your ESC will come with our new V2.02 firmware that has been enhanced for rock crawling and sensored operation.
- Waterproof: Yes
- Telemetry Capable: Yes
- Data Logging: Yes
- Auxiliary Wire: Yes
- Minimum Input Voltage: 2S
- Maximum Input Voltage: 3S
- Sensored Capable: Yes
- INPUT VOLTAGE RANGE OF 2S-3S (with included motor) with an internal 8A ADJUSTABLE BEC (5.25V-8.0V)
- Housed in a RUGGED CNC-MACHINED ALUMINUM CASE and potted in WATERPROOF epoxy to withstand the most extreme driving conditions and environments.
- Removable 30MM COOLING FAN
- Recon G6 Certified
- Paired with the improved 4-POLE 12-SLOT SENSORED1406-1900KV SLATE motor provides precise throttle control and buttery smooth starts
- Convenient TRANSMITTER PROGRAMMING for six common adjustable settings.
- Access to Castle’s INDUSTRY LEADING SOFTWARE with use of Castle Link USB (coupon included for free USB with purchase) and freely downloadable Castle-Link Windows™ program , or the Castle Link iOS App and a B-LINK™ Bluetooth Adapter (sold separately) for anytime, anywhere system adjustments. Click here to see the Mamba X Castle Link Settings Overview.
- Firmware updates available with use of Castle Link USB and Castle Link Programming Suite.
- DATA LOGGING captures and records performance data for maximum optimization of both performance and battery life
- AUXILIARY WIRE FUNCTIONALITY allows for “on-the-fly” adjustments such as ROCK RACE/CRAWLER MODE. These adjustments can be made real time, while driving, right from your transmitter.
- Castle’s SMARTSENSE™ software, enabled by default in the Castle Link Programming Suite, will use the motor’s sensors to provide smooth starts, excellent torque, and low-speed drivability. Once the motor is turning, it seamlessly transitions to Castle’s ULTRA-EFFICIENT sensorless mode with ELECTRONIC TIMING. Smooth sensored startups and high-efficiency sensorless running makes the Mamba X system produce more power and less heat.
- QUIETSENSE™ is an innovative advancement in the design of sensored motors to deliver the highest precision and most efficient startup.
- Mamba X ESC features AUDIBLE ALERTS that will notify you of possible issues with calibrations and error conditions to help diagnose problems in the field.
- Mamba X is TELEMETRY READY which means owners of the Futaba T4PX or 7PX Transmitters will be able to purchase the Castle Creations Telemetry Link for S.BUS2. Real-time data such as ESC temperature, voltages and RPM can be monitored to ensure performance advantages and spare you the “unknown” parameters that all R/C enthusiasts experience at some point. Telemetry data provides another level of protection and can increase performance.
- Additional features are continued in FEATURES tab.
- Additional specifications continued in SPECIFICATIONS tab.
Enabled by default, the Mamba X uses the motor’s sensors to provide smooth starts, excellent torque, and low-speed drivability. Once the motor is turning, it seamlessly transitions to Castle’s ULTRA-EFFICIENT sensorless mode with electronic timing. When running, a motor must transition between different load points and a different timing advance is required for optimal efficiency at each. Electronic timing in SMARTSENSE™ will advance timing automatically for peak performance during all driving conditions. This combines the best of both worlds in an unrivaled HYBRID between smooth sensored startups and high-efficiency sensorless running. Your motor will produce more power and less heat.
AUXILIARY WIRE FUNCTIONALITY
The Mamba X allows “on-the-fly” adjustments to be made through the AUX wire once enabled in Castle Link. Once you have selected an AUX wire function, that setting can then be tuned from your transmitter while driving. Torque control, max throttle, max brake and drag brake adjustments are a sampling of the available modes. This real-time tuning allows you to quickly and easily fine-tune your system.
Enabled by default, the Mamba X captures and records performance data from your vehicle. This allows you to view a detailed turn-by-turn record of what your ESC actually experienced during the run. You will be able to record real-time data such as motor RPM, battery current and voltage, ESC and motor temperature, throttle input, and more. Download and analyze the collected data via Castle Link and make adjustments to maximize both performance and battery life.
For nearly 20 years Castle engineers have been setting the bar for industry leading software functionality. The Castle Link Programming Suite is your ticket to creating the perfect setup. To gain access to the host of tuning parameters, simply redeem the coupon for the Castle Link adapter included with your Mamba X purchase. Download the simple to install software from our website and you are ready to personalize your controller’s parameters. Don’t forget to use the “check for updates” feature in Castle Link to download new software as it becomes available. New features are yours at no cost, a perk for choosing Castle.
ESC Technical Specs:
- Input Voltage Range: MIN: 2S LiPo - MAX: 6S LiPo (25.2V) - Note that with the included motor it's max 3s
- BEC Specifications: Adjustable: 5.5V, 6.0V, 7.5V. or 8.0V (8A Peak), default 5.5V
- Operating Environment: Waterproof* design allows for use in nearly any environment.
- Brake: Proportional
- Reversible: Yes, but may be disabled for racing.
- On/Off Switch: Yes
- Cooling Fan: Yes, factory equipped (30 mm), fully removable** (see Product Use Statements below)
- Length: 54.4 mm
- Width: 35.2 mm
- Height: 30 mm
- Weight (with wires): 101 g
- Connectors: 4.0 mm female bullets for motor connection
- Items Needed for Operation: Battery Connector required, Castle 6.5mm Polarized Connectors, Castle 4.0mm Polarized Connectors, Traxxas® Power Connectors, or Deans® Ultra Plugs are recommended.
Product Use Statements:
*Although Mamba X is waterproof, it is not intended for operation while completely submerged in liquid. Always rinse the ESC and motor with clean water after exposure to corrosives or dirt. While the motor and controller may be waterproof, we suggest users confirm that the rest of their vehicle, including the batteries, servos, radio and chassis are also waterproof before exposing them to liquids of any kind.
**The cooling fan must be removed prior to driving in wet conditions. It is not waterproof.
- Application Guidelines: Intended for up to 6S (25.2 Volt) operation in vehicles weighing less than 9bs/4kg
- Recommended Motors: Castle 1406, 1410 and 1415 Sensored motors
- Max. Recommended Vehicle Weight: Less than 4kg with batteries & ready-to-run
- Programmability: Fully programmable Castle feature set using Castle Link USB adapter (coupon for free link included in package) and freely downloadable Castle Link Windows software.
- Telemetry Link Capable: Yes
1406-2850KV Motor Technical Specs:
- Input Voltage Range: 2-4S LiPo
- Kv: 2850
- Max. RPM: 100,000
- Length: 49.5 mm
- Diameter: 36 mm
- Weight (w/wires): 197 g
- Shaft Length: 15 mm
- Shaft Diameter: 1/8" (3.17 mm)
- Mounting Hole Specifications: M3 @ 25 mm spacing
- Cooling Fan: Optional - Coming Soon
- Connectors: 4 mm male Castle Bullet Connectors
- Items Needed for Operation: Compatible Electronic Speed Control (ESC)
- Application Guidelines: Ideal for 1/10 scale rock crawlers & trail rigs on 2S-4S and low speed setups on 1/10 scale touring cars, stadium trucks or buggies on 2-4S with apropriate gearing.
- Recommended ESC(s): Mamba Max Pro, Mamba X & Mamba Micro X
- Running modes: SMARTSENSE™, Sensored, Sensorless
- Mamba X Electronic Speed Controller
- 1406-2850kv sensored brushless motor
- 210mm length sensor wire (for sensored operation)
- Castle Sensor Harness adapter
- Driver's Ed and Quick Start Guides
- Castle decal sheet