The Calypso was built in the USA in 1942 as a minesweeper. She was bought in 1950 by Jacques-Yves Cousteau, and after extensive changes and modifications has become a fully equipped ocean research vessel, complete with observation chamber in the stern, oval diving bell, Galaezzi diving chamber, inflatable boat for shallow waters, helicopter and much other submarine equipment. Length 42 m, tonnage 360 tons, speed 12 knots.
Building Instructions are in:
English, French, German, Danish; Dutch, Spanish, Italian and Portuguese